As the official ESTC weekend is gradually coming closer, we thought we’d share with you all some ideas and inspiration for hosting an event! If you haven't signed up yet, you can do so here.
Last year there was a huge range of Eat So They Can events around the world, from smaller intimate dinner parties to glamorous cocktail parties and everything in between! Here are a few samples of previous Eat So They Can events:
• Sunday Best Trivia: this event took place in Newcastle, Australia. With 85 guests, the trivia night raised funds towards women’s empowerment projects around the world, and was a huge success!
• Cocktail Party: this party was in Lima, Peru. All guests made a donation of any amount, which served as the entry ticket and one ticket for the raffle. Guests could then purchase additional raffle tickets for a set price. A variety of artists and designers donated generous raffle prizes, a local DJ provided the music and a company donated the drinks.
• Peruvian Dinner: the guests at this dinner party in Canada were treated to a range of traditional Peruvian dishes, a quiz to raise awareness and a raffle with donated items.
• Bush Brekky: a group went hiking in beautiful New Zealand bush and then had a gourmet breakfast of bacon, eggs, coffee, bananas and pancakes!
Remember, your Eat So They Can event can be anything at all – the only limit is your imagination! For more ideas, check out our Past Events page.
Here's the breakdown of the types of events hosted last year:
• 50% hosted a dinner party
• 10% hosted a cocktail party
• 10% hosted a lunch
• 30% hosted some other kind of event – including wine tasting, picnics, High Tea, guided tours, talent shows, online events, and brunch.
Here are the different fundraising methods used by hosts last year - many hosts used multiple methods.
• 35% had a suggested donation
• 25% had a set ticket price
• 22% had a raffle
This year our International Interns are doing an amazing job of organizing events all around the world! Some ideas currently in progress include:
• A multi-school art auction, selling children’s artwork
• A fashion event at a boutique hotel
• An art show
• Wine tasting at a vineyard
• Yoga classes
• Silent auctions
• A formal ball
• Casino night
• Harbour dinner cruise
• An international food festival
• An Eat So They Can Amazing Race
You can see the huge diversity of events that will be taking place this year! We hope this has given you a few ideas for hosting your own event. If you have any questions or would like some advice on hosting an event, please get in touch with us!
Good luck with your event planning,
Elizabeth and the ESTC Team